Breaking News Bar
updated: 7/12/2018 4:10 PM

Dog rescued from Streamwood house fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Daily Herald report

Streamwood firefighters rescued a dog from a house fire on the 300 block of Huntington Drive Thursday morning, authorities said.

Investigators determined the blaze started on an exterior deck at the rear of the house before spreading to the attic. The fire caused an estimated $150,000 in damage

When firefighters responded to the 9:50 a.m. call, they saw heavy fire coming through the roof of the two-story single-family home. A resident had already safely evacuated but fire personnel found the dog in good health during their search of the house.

Fire companies brought the blaze under control using two hand lines and an aerial ladder.

Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.