Sponsored by the Schaumburg Park District and village of Schaumburg, the free Summer Breeze Concert Series is under way on the grounds of the Robert O. Atcher Municipal Center, 101 Schaumburg Court.
Concertgoers are encouraged to bring lawn chairs, blankets, picnic food and beverages for the free shows.
"It's like a mini Ravinia in our own backyard," said Beth Waller, the park district's cultural arts supervisor. "Some attendees get up and dance, while others sit and relax with their friends."
Upcoming concerts in the series include:
• Soul 2 the Bone, Saturday, July 14.
• The Windbreakers, Saturday, July 21.
• Four C Notes, Saturday, Aug. 11.
• Spoken Four, Saturday, Aug. 18.
• Frank Winkler & The Symphonic Pops, Saturday, Aug. 25.
For more information, call (847) 490-7020 or visit parkfun.com.