Lucky to be alive, Woods faces difficult recovery
In a career filled with remarkable comebacks, Tiger Woods faces his toughest recovery of all.
Madigan's successor resigns amid 'questionable conduct'The hand-picked successor to former House Speaker Michael Madigan's seat abruptly resigned Wednesday, under pressure from his sponsors who accused him of unspecified "questionable conduct."
FDA says single-dose shot from J&J prevents severe COVIDJohnson & Johnson's single-dose vaccine offers strong protection against severe COVID-19, according to an analysis released Wednesday by U.S. regulators that sets the stage for a final decision on a new and easier-to-use shot to help tame the pandemic.
Capitol defenders cite missed intelligence for deadly breachOfficials who were in charge of Capitol security at the time of last month's riot have testified that missed intelligence was to blame for the failure to anticipate the violent mob
Iraq's struggling Christians hope for boost from pope visitIraq's Christians are hoping that a historic visit by Pope Francis in March will help boost their community's struggle to survive
Woman found dead in suburban Chicago snowbank identifiedAuthorities have released the name of a 40-year-old homeless woman found dead in a snowbank in suburban Chicago
Fort Wayne man charged with killing 2 men, wounding a thirdA Fort Wayne man accused of fatally shooting and killing two young men and wounding a third has been formally charged with two counts of murder and one count of attempted murder
Afghan peace talks resume, but path is anything but certainAfghanistan's warring sides have returned to the negotiation table after more than a month of delays amid hopes that the two sides could agree on a reduction of violence - and eventually, an outright ceasefire
Experts fear fresh wave of political prisoners in MyanmarAs arrests of dissidents continue during anti-coup protests across Myanmar, experts are concerned that a new generation of political prisoners will begin to fill the country's prisons
Former Syrian secret policeman convicted of aiding tortureA German court has convicted a former member of Syrian President Bashar Assad's secret police of facilitating the torture of prisoners in a landmark ruling that human rights activists hope will set a precedent for other cases
German court convicts radical imam of membership in ISA former imam at a radical mosque in Germany has been Wednesday of being a member of the Islamic State group and sentenced to 10 1/2 years in prison
- 4:38 AMGerman charged for passing parliament floor plans to Russia
- 4:30 AMBacklogged cases push California COVID-19 deaths past 50,000
- 4:15 AMHunger-striking Ethiopia politicians 'deteriorating' in jail
- 3:34 AMBLM launches Survival Fund amid federal COVID-19 relief wait
- 1:36 AMSecretive Israeli nuclear facility undergoes major project
- 1:30 AMCalifornia tops 50,000 virus deaths, including 806 in L.A.
- 12:24 AMAmid COVID-19 pandemic, flu has disappeared in the US
More Suburban News
- Des PlainesDes Plaines mayoral candidates disagree on following Pritzker's last restaurant mandate
- Lake ZurichLake Zurich trustee opts for bench trial in domestic battery case
- DuPage CountyNewest DuPage courtroom designed with pandemic safety in mind
- St. CharlesSt. Charles officials closing in on final design for 1st Street Plaza project
- Glen EllynIn final fundraising push, Glen Ellyn Food Pantry gets village approval to make move
- PoliticsWatch interview between candidates for West Chicago High School District 94 school board
- GenevaWatch the two candidates for mayor of Geneva discuss the issues
- Boys' BasketballHersey downs Elk Grove to roll up another win
- Boys' BasketballCascella sparks Wheaton North vs. Geneva
- Boys' BasketballLake Park's newcomers making strides
- Girls' BasketballYoung Fremd squad hasn't stopped winning
- Girls' BasketballKaneland celebrates senior night with a win
- NewsCoach's Corner: Memories of days gone by
- NewsFormer Mesa Urbana chef, co-owner (and his salmon) now at Mercado Cocina Cantina in Glenview
- NewsHockey lifer Turcotte in full glory in the renovated Glenview Community Ice Center
It was a busy and unpredictable couple of weeks and Daily Herald photographers present it in The Week in Pictures for February 6-19, 2021.
Suburbanites were digging out of more snow Tuesday and Gov. J.B. Pritzker issued a disaster proclamation for the entire state.