2 dead in California school attack; gunman shoots self
A student gunman opened fire Thursday at a Southern California high school, leaving one person dead and several others injured before he was captured, authorities said.
Pelosi says Trump's Ukraine actions amount to 'bribery'House Democrats are refining their impeachment case against the president to a simple allegation: Bribery.
AP source: 2nd US official heard Trump call with SondlandA second U.S. Embassy staffer in Kyiv overheard a key cellphone call between President Donald Trump and his ambassador to the European Union discussing the need for Ukrainian officials to pursue 'œinvestigations,' The Associated Press has learned.
Takeaways from first day of House public impeachment hearingsWednesday's start of public impeachment hearings in Congress marked the first time that the American public could watch and listen to the witnesses whose testimony is at the core of the Democrats' investigation. In several hours of testimony, punctuated by occasional bickering among lawmakers, some memorable moments emerged.
A rogue cat who 'will not be contained' keeps trying to free his shelter comradesAs it turns out, people love meddlesome cats who refuse to apologize for their devious ways.
An Apple store employee 'helped' a customer by texting himself an intimate photo from her phoneIn a statement, Apple said the employee was "no longer associated with our company."
California's wildfire, blackout crisis: Who's to blame?The utility that serves more than 5 million electrical customers in one of the world's most technologically advanced areas is now faced again and again with a no-win decision: risk starting catastrophic deadly wildfires, or turn off the lights and immiserate millions of paying customers.
Local congressional Democrats go on offensive in impeachment inquiryTwo congressmen representing the suburbs pressed witnesses to clarify the record Wednesday in a fiercely partisan impeachment hearing into whether President Donald Trump withheld funds from Ukraine for political gain.
MH17 probe reveals close ties between Russia, Ukraine rebelsInternational investigators piecing together a criminal case in the July 2014 shooting down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 over eastern Ukraine says that evidence suggests links between Russia and rebels in the region were closer than previously believed
Pope taps fellow Jesuit as Vatican's finance ministerPope Francis has appointed a fellow Jesuit to be the Vatican's finance minister, filling a crucial position left vacant for more than two years after Cardinal George Pell left Rome to stand trial on sex abuse charges in his native Australia
Turkey deports American IS suspect stuck at Greek borderTurkey's state-run news agency says a U.S. national and suspected Islamic State group member, who has spent three days in a no man's land between Turkey and Greece after Ankara tried to deport him, will be repatriated to the United States
- 8:58 PMState Senate President Cullerton to retire in January
- 8:56 PM5 suspects arrested in Halloween Airbnb party shooting
- 8:49 PMStudent opens fire in California high school, killing 2
- 8:30 PMPelosi says Trump's Ukraine actions amount to '˜bribery'
- 8:13 PMNorth Korea say US offered to resume nuke talks in December
- 7:54 PMHouse OKs greater lobbyist disclosure over GOP complaints that it's not enough
- 7:50 PMAfter 20 years, Washington tribe hopes to hunt whales again
More Suburban News
- StreamwoodStudent accused of touching teacher inappropriately in Streamwood
- ItascaConcerns linger over possible 911 calls from proposed Haymarket treatment center
- AuroraAurora teen charged after police find gun, extended magazine
- ElginElgin's proposed budget: No property tax levy increase, more city jobs
- NewsFremont Township's longtime highway commissioner to retire
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove turns to residents to shape town's future
- ElginPolice: Elgin man stole unlocked car, fought with officers
- MundeleinPlea deal coming for former Mundelein trustee facing burglary charge?
- AntiochTeen girl from Antioch area is missing
- StreamwoodPolice: Man threatened employees at Streamwood pawnshop
- Carol StreamSuburban college students named Lincoln Student Laureates
- NewsHome health care agency relocates to downtown Arlington Heights
- GurneeGurnee village board to vote Monday on prohibiting marijuana sales
- BartlettBartlett could see taller fences on corners
- Prep SportsGirls swimming and diving: Barrington sectional field extremely competitive