Warren, Ocasio-Cortez demand answers on Sears bankruptcy from Mnuchin
Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., are calling on U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin to be more transparent about his time on Sears's board as the retailer plunged into bankruptcy. They also take issue with his possible oversight of the company's pension plans.
Des Plaines approves "hotel-style" senior living community downtownDes Plaines has approved plans for a $30 million "hotel-style" senior living community downtown.
Des Plaines recommends tax break for $12.5 million industrial buildingDes Plaines has recommended a tax break for a developer that plans to demolish two industrial properties on the south side of the city and construct a $12.5 million building at the site.
Innovation DuPage opens in downtown Glen Ellyn Civic CenterInnovation DuPage -- a regional hub for business development operated by the College of DuPage -- unveiled its new headquarters Wednesday in the Glen Ellyn Civic Center.
'Atrocious': Des Plaines moves to revoke tax break for companyA Des Plaines company improperly took a Cook County tax break, paid nearly $170,000 less in taxes than required, illegally allowed businesses to occupy its building and installed a parking lot without permission, according to city officials.
Mexican eatery INVICTO opening second location in Vernon HillsMexican street food inspired restaurant INVICTO, which debuted last fall in Naperville, is opening a second location Thursday at Mellody Farm in Vernon Hills.
Schaumburg trustees like park concept for ex-Motorola siteSchaumburg trustees Tuesday endorsed a concept plan for a central 12-acre park that would serve the coming businesses, residences and visitors on the 225-acre Veridian Development on the former Motorola Solutions campus.
Five suburban entrepreneurs named EY award finalistsFive suburban entrepreneurs were among the Midwest finalists announced for EY's Entrepreneur Of The Year 2019 Award in the Midwest.
Feder: WBEZ to debut two-hour midday talk show this fallWBEZ 91.5-FM will launch a new local talk show from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday as part of a revised midday lineup this fall at the Chicago Public Media news/talk station, Robert Feder writes.
Chicago bank CEO accused of bribing Manafort for administration jobStephen Calk, a former economic adviser to President Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign, was indicted Thursday for allegedly approving $16 million in loans to former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort in exchange for his help seeking a top post in the administration.
Court: Chicago food truck regulations constitutionalThe Chicago Tribune reports the court said Thursday that the rules are constitutional and the city can protect brick-and-mortar restaurants from competition from food trucks.
CBRE brokers $21 million retail center saleCBRE recently brokered the sale of 22nd Street Plaza, a 176,164-square-foot retail property at 17W734 22nd St. in Oakbrook Terrace for $21 million.
The 2020 election and U.S. immigrationThere's little doubt that U.S. immigration policy will be a central theme of the 2020 Presidential election. While illegal immigration continues to grab headlines, it's the too often overlooked legal immigration system that also provides virtually unlimited opportunities for improvement.
Why I should consider a search fund when selling my businessSmall businesses are experiencing a period of unprecedented transition. Baby boomers make up more than 50% of today's business owners. Many are approaching retirement without a firm succession plan in place.
State and local tax: Why are resale certificates are important for your businessResale certificates are a very important part of the state and local sales tax process. Not having the correct certificates on file can land your business in hot water.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Hoffman EstatesWarren, Ocasio-Cortez demand answers on Sears bankruptcy from Mnuchin
- Des PlainesDes Plaines approves "hotel-style" senior living community downtown
- Des PlainesDes Plaines recommends tax break for $12.5 million industrial building
- Glen EllynInnovation DuPage opens in downtown Glen Ellyn Civic Center
- Des Plaines'Atrocious': Des Plaines moves to revoke tax break for company
- Vernon HillsMexican eatery INVICTO opening second location in Vernon Hills
- SchaumburgSchaumburg trustees like park concept for ex-Motorola site
- Oakbrook TerraceCBRE brokers $21 million retail center sale
- BataviaBatavia chamber chief to take new job at Dist. 101
- Lake ZurichACCO Brands extends lease on Lake Zurich HQ
- SportsO'Donnell: Would Holzhauer benefit by pulling his own 'Jeopardy!' buzzer?
- Des PlainesDes Plaines Chamber's Back-To-Work Boot Camp returns
- GurneeCCU marks Contact Center's 14th anniversary
- RosemontJury awards Riddell $5M in patent lawsuit
- AuroraAurora might grant $100K in incentives for new downtown restaurant