Iconic Arlington Cake Box Bakery closes after 71 years in Arlington Heights
After more than seven decades, the iconic Arlington Cake Box Bakery in Arlington Heights has served its last chocolate chip coffee cake and Campbell Street Special.
Report: Commercial properties in Cook County 'significantly underassessed'Commercial properties in Cook County were significantly underassessed in 2018, creating the potential for unfair tax disparities, according to a report released Monday by Cook County Assessor Fritz Kaegi.
'A perfect fit': Aurora shop owner opening second store in WheatonWyckwood House is the rare small business expanding during the COVID-19 pandemic.
New short-term rehab centers in Lisle, Aurora aim to 'break the traditional mold'Two new short-term medical rehabilitation centers in the suburbs are aiming to "break the traditional mold" of skilled nursing facilities, company leaders say.
Chicago's Lawry's The Prime Rib to close after 46 years in businessLawry's The Prime Rib, a Chicago restaurant that has been serving steaks for nearly 50 years, will close at the end of the year.
Simpson and Hartner previously invested in the 3D-printing startupAzul 3D is adding legendary investor Louis A. Simpson and 3D-printing veteran John Hartner to its Board of Directors.
Northbrook businessman accused of assisting Pakistani nuclear agencyA Northbrook businessman is accused of illegally exporting computer equipment from the United States to a nuclear research agency of Pakistan.
Camping World Holdings announces 75% increase in special quarterly dividendLincolnshire-based Camping World Holdings, America's leading recreational vehicle and outdoor retailer, recently announced that its Board of Directors has approved a 75% increase in its quarterly special dividend paid to holders of Class A Common Stock from $0.08 per share to $0.14 per share, an increase of $0.06 per share on a quarterly basis and $0.24 per share on an annualized basis.
Feder: WGN Radio boss Mary Sandberg Boyle gets VP stripesMary Sandberg Boyle, the first female general manager in the 96-year history of WGN 720-AM, has been promoted to vice president and general manager of the Nexstar Media Group news/talk station.
Central bank head: Europe's recovery uncertain, incompleteThe economic recovery remains uncertain, incomplete and uneven in the 19 countries that use the euro currency
Argonne National Laboratory and AT&T extend climate resiliency project nationwideArgonne researchers are projecting the impacts of climate at regional, local and even neighborhood scales,using high-resolution models and a wide range of statistical methods for estimating uncertainty. AT&T in turn is using these insights as input for its Climate Change Analysis Tool that enables the company to project how changes in climate will impact company infrastructure and operations up to 30 years into the future.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- NewsIconic Arlington Cake Box Bakery closes after 71 years in Arlington Heights
- Cook CountyReport: Commercial properties in Cook County 'significantly underassessed'
- Aurora'A perfect fit': Aurora shop owner opening second store in Wheaton
- AuroraNew short-term rehab centers in Lisle, Aurora aim to 'break the traditional mold'
- CrimeNorthbrook businessman accused of assisting Pakistani nuclear agency
- LincolnshireCamping World Holdings announces 75% increase in special quarterly dividend
- Round LakeRound Lake Beach store among few Family Video locations in suburbs to survive the pandemic
- Vernon HillsWork moving rapidly for Vernon Hills industrial center
- ItascaNeed for minority organ donors is acute, says suburban group matching recipients
- SchaumburgState, Cook County help available for small businesses
- AuroraFoundation awards 16 grants to aid dental care
- Round Lake BeachBlack Lung Brewing plans to open tap room in Round Lake Beach
- MundeleinMundelein residents object to gas station proposal
- ElginMoni's Soulfood Fiesta brings fusion of flavors to downtown Elgin
- BataviaWalker named Batavia MainStreet executive director
Images; Through the Film Magnifier: Carlton Fisk, The Kingston Trio, Dudley Moore, a beard contest and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Bill Veeck, George Hamilton, Bridge Club, Stateville Prison riot and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Doug Buffone, Cloris Leachman, draft registration, aerobics class and more