Luxury apartments, grocery store proposed for long-vacant DuPage Theatre site
A $31 million mixed-use development featuring luxury apartments and a cooperatively-owned grocery store is being proposed for a property in downtown Lombard that's been vacant for more than a decade.
Lampert's $5.2B Sears deal gets backing from Bank of America, CyrusEddie Lampert's ESL Investments Inc. will finance its winning $5.2 billion bid to salvage Sears Holdings Corp. in part with $850 million from a new asset-based loan, according to a regulatory filing Friday.
The nicest Sears you've ever seen isn't owned by SearsWelcome to Mexico, where the thriving retail chain continues to open new stores and attract customers.
Naperville hopes bringing homes to shopping center will boost 'second downtown'A land-use change to allow medium-density housing could bring a boost to a south Naperville development envisioned as a "second downtown," city officials say.
Arlington Heights hospital opens a quiet place for families experiencing lossNorthwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights on Thursday unveiled Jane's Room, a quiet, private space designed for families who suffer stillborn, miscarriage or newborn death in the hospital.
How Mount Prospect is trying to make it easier to cross downtown streetsPedestrian crossing in downtown Mount Prospect can be a challenge. The village is trying to make it less so by improving crossing signals at three key intersections.
Barrington chamber celebrates 50th anniversary at galaBarrington Area Chamber of Commerce had plenty to celebrate at its annual dinner and scholarship fundraiser Thursday night.
Tesla plans 7 pct staff cut, says road ahead very difficultElectric car and solar panel maker Tesla says it plans to cut its staff by about 7 percent
First Midwest names Sander presidentFirst Midwest Bancorp has appointed Mark Sander President. the company announced Friday.
AptarGroup joins global effort to reuse plasticsAptarGroup Inc. has signed the New Plastics Economy Global Commitment and has joined forces with other businesses and governments committed to changing how we produce, use and reuse plastic.
Tiffany holiday sales slip as Chinese tourists spend lessTiffany & Co. says holiday shoppers and Chinese tourists spent less on its bling
Retirement on the horizon: A financial planning checklistRetirement is one of the biggest events you will experience in your lifetime and requires you to have a retirement checklist to plan your finances correctly. Here is a retirement checklist of items to consider as you are trying to plan for your life after work.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- LombardLuxury apartments, grocery store proposed for long-vacant DuPage Theatre site
- Hoffman EstatesLampert's $5.2B Sears deal gets backing from Bank of America, Cyrus
- Hoffman EstatesThe nicest Sears you've ever seen isn't owned by Sears
- NapervilleNaperville hopes bringing homes to shopping center will boost 'second downtown'
- NewsArlington Heights hospital opens a quiet place for families experiencing loss
- Mount ProspectHow Mount Prospect is trying to make it easier to cross downtown streets
- BarringtonBarrington chamber celebrates 50th anniversary at gala
- BusinessAptarGroup joins global effort to reuse plastics
- Vernon HillsAldi adds to grocery store options in Vernon Hills area
- Buffalo GroveBrown associate brokers three property sales
- Hoffman EstatesEx-CEO of Hoffman Estates company imprisoned for pocketing $2.2 million in investments
- MundeleinProstitution arrests could cause Mundelein massage parlors to lose licenses
- Hoffman EstatesEditorial: We're rooting for Sears to come back from the brink
- LincolnshireNexus Pharmaceuticals drug gets FDA approval
- NewsMarine veteran from Arlington Heights helps comrades get jobs