Report: Sears laying off hundreds of corporate employees
Sears is laying off hundreds of corporate workers, Business Insider is reporting.
Nokia Naperville demo uses 'Fortnite' to show off 5G capabilitiesThe high-speed, low-delay communications of 5G are here, and a Nokia demonstration proved the company has the technology to set up a 5G system from end to end.
Renovation work begins at former hospital site in AuroraA long-dormant hospital site in Aurora is undergoing a $110 million renovation to transform it into a "thriving campus" with a mix of uses, including housing for senior citizens, residences for adults with disabilities and medical offices.
Infiniti dealership wants to relocate, expand in LibertyvilleLibertyville village officials support the concept of Gregory Infiniti to build a new dealership and standalone car wash about a block south of its current location on Milwaukee Avenue.
Governor says he'll sign insulin price cap approved by legislatureA cap on prescription insulin costs for some health insurance plans is headed to Gov. J.B. Pritzker, who said Thursday he looks forward to signing the measure.
Amazon 4-star opens in Oakbrook CenterOnline retail giant Amazon opened its Amazon 4-star brick-and-mortar store Wednesday at 2228 Oakbrook Center.
An escape from winter: Salt spa opens in downtown Arlington HeightsOver the course of 14 months of renovations, Tim Bradley transformed a vacant 2,000-square-foot storefront within the Arlington Town Square shopping center in Arlington Heights into a dimly-lit, calming therapy lounge that resembles a cloistered salt mine deep in the mountains a world away.
Santa arriving at Woodfield Mall Thursday eveningSanta will arrive at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg at 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7, for his annual Santa's Arrival Parade, led by the James B. Conant High School drumline, and greet families from his Ice Palace in the mall's grand court throughout the holidays.
BERNINA of Naperville holds grand openingBERNINA of America will be holding a grand opening celebration of its new BERNINA Dealership in Naperville, at 2764 Aurora Ave.
DataCubes raises $15.2 million in fundingDataCubes, an underwriting platform for the commercial property and casualty insurance industry, has received $15.2 million in funding led by Palm Drive Capital.
Schaumburg panel recommends rules for recreational marijuana salesSchaumburg, the second largest hub of economic activity in Illinois, is zeroing in on how it will handle the new industry of recreational marijuana sales beginning Jan. 1.
Business Ledger | Barbanente named to Forbes list of Top Next-Gen Wealth AdvisorsMorgan Stanley announced today that Roberto Barbanente, a first vice president, financial advisor in the firm's Chicago Wealth Management office, has been named to Forbes Magazine's list of Top Next-Gen Wealth Advisors.
Making the most of wellness programs: Five ways to help people take advantage of well-being programsAs people seek to improve their health habits, here are some tips to help consumers become healthier and make the most of their well-being programs.
Communities embrace potential of opportunity zonesFollowing the release of the second tranche of federal Opportunity Zone regulations by the Treasury Department in April 2019, investors and community stakeholders were emboldened by the clarity provided by those regulations to further explore ways in which the tax incentive can spur economic development in the communities that truly need it.
Surviving and thriving during an economic downturnWith the Great Recession almost ten years in our rearview mirror, we are all better positioned to leverage the lessons learned into preparedness for what may lie ahead.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Hoffman EstatesReport: Sears laying off hundreds of corporate employees
- NapervilleNokia Naperville demo uses 'Fortnite' to show off 5G capabilities
- AuroraRenovation work begins at former hospital site in Aurora
- LibertyvilleInfiniti dealership wants to relocate, expand in Libertyville
- GenevaOperating rooms, outpatient services upgraded at Delnor Hospital
- Oak BrookAmazon 4-star opens in Oakbrook Center
- NewsAn escape from winter: Salt spa opens in downtown Arlington Heights
- SchaumburgSanta arriving at Woodfield Mall Thursday evening
- SchaumburgDataCubes raises $15.2 million in funding
- SchaumburgSchaumburg panel recommends rules for recreational marijuana sales
- BusinessAbbott Labs veteran CEO White stepping down in March
- SchaumburgTopgolf offers glimpse of new Schaumburg venue
- St. CharlesStrohschein named a Community Business of the Year
- PalatineZimmer Hardware honored for historic, 136-year run in downtown Palatine
- Elk Grove VillageJimmy's Charhouse in Elk Grove Village abruptly closes