Illinois | 69 more die of COVID-19 in Illinois, most since mid-June
State health officials reported 69 more COVID-19 deaths Wednesday, while another 4,342 new cases of the respiratory disease were diagnosed.
News | Waukegan police say shooting that killed Black teen was in self-defense; protesters question itThe Lake County coroner confirms a Black 19-year-old died from gunshot injuries while a passenger in a vehicle in Waukegan; police shooting provoking questions,
Business | Gene & Georgetti closing Rosemont restaurantThe oldest family-owned steakhouse in the Chicago area is saying goodbye to its Rosemont location. The restaurant, which owes $120,000 in unpaid property taxes and has strugged during the pandemic, will close Nov. 1.
Politics | Despite guidelines, not all polling booths are 6 feet apartElection polling officials must enforce 6-foot physical distancing and take other safety precautions to protect against COVID-19 spread during early voting. Yet, not all suburban polling sites are following Illinois Department of Public Health election protocols.
News | Music, dance, magic: Glen Ellyn Food Pantry will resurrect the TV telethonA fundraiser for the Glen Ellyn Food Pantry next month will take its cues from the live TV telethon of yesteryear.
McHenry County | Carpentersville man found guilty of possessing $1.6M of cocaine for drug cartel tied to Lake in the Hills warehouseA Carpentersville man was found guilty Wednesday of possessing $1.6 million worth of cocaine that prosecutors say was shipped to a Lake in the Hills warehouse on behalf of a Mexican drug cartel. McHenry County Judge Michael Coppedge announced the verdict Wednesday, after listening to three days of testimony in the trial of 44-year-old Juan F. Sanchez-Cacho. The man ultimately was convicted of possession with intent to deliver cocaine and possession of a controlled substance.
Kane County | Kane County health officials again blame 20-somethings for COVID-19 spikeTwo months ago, Kane County public health officials called on local residents in their 20s to do a better job of taking precautions against COVID-19. On Wednesday, health officials said they didn't listen.
Cook County | Cook County state's attorney candidates say targeting violent crime is top priorityBoth Cook County state's attorney candidates Kim Foxx and Patrick O'Brien say prosecuting violent crime will be their main priority if elected on Nov. 3.
Politics | Face to face: Trump and Biden to meet for final debatePresident Donald Trump and his Democratic challenger, Joe Biden, are set to square off in their final debate Thursday, one of the last high-profile opportunities for the trailing incumbent to change the trajectory of an increasingly contentious campaign.
Columns | Feder: Longtime ABC 7 anchor Joel Daly diesJoel Daly was a modern day Renaissance man -- a lawyer, actor, author, pilot, country singer and champion yodeler. But his most famous role was as a news anchor, including a 38-year run at ABC-owned WLS-Channel 7, where he was part of one of Chicago's most successful and influential news teams of all time.
Columns | Constable: 30th work anniversary highlights what those with Down syndrome can doBorn with Down syndrome and a serious heart defect, LeeAnne Schuh wasn't expected to live beyond her teens. Now, the 53-year-old Palatine woman is a model of consistency, having worked at Wendy's for more than 30 years.
Dining | Dining events: City Works, Old Town Pour House expand comfort food optionsCity Works and Old Town Pour House recently added hearty dishes to its expanded menu, plus Morton's A Taste of Two Legends dinner happens Saturday and Made In Italy in Glen Ellyn is now offering more curbside family meal deals.
Politics | GOP-led Senate panel advances Barrett despite Democrats' boycottSenate Judiciary Committee Republicans powered past a Democratic boycott Thursday to advance Amy Coney Barrett's Supreme Court nomination to the full Senate, keeping President Donald Trump's pick on track for confirmation before Election Day.
- 11:43 AMRelative: Black couple didn't provoke shooting by police
- 11:40 AMUS jobless claims drop to 787,000, but layoffs remain high
- 11:35 AMEpstein ex Maxwell denied getting Prince Andrew sex partners
- 11:31 AMForecasters: Hurricane Epsilon should sideswipe Bermuda
- 11:30 AMTrucker who drove through George Floyd protesters is charged
More Suburban News Find your community
- McHenry CountyMcHenry County Board chairman said he disagrees with county health department's decision to use state's higher positivity rate
- NapervilleNaperville council endorses Riverwalk master plan
- PoliticsMussman, Kegarise debate graduated income tax, spending
- CarpentersvilleNo injuries reported in Carpentersville fire
- CarpentersvilleAlleged cocaine dealer unknowingly arranged sale with undercover officer, witnesses testify
- BataviaBatavia factory wants to add solar power, but city officials worry about cost impact on utility
- Downers GroveDowners Grove man charged with reckless discharge of a gun
- NewsEx-Arlington Heights cop alleges discrimination based on his Assyrian heritage
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove honors police officer, firefighter of year
- NewsNo injuries in Arlington Heights house fire
- Prep SportsFor the second year in a row, Fremd proves to have the most spirited student section
- Lake ZurichRepairman dies from fall at Schaumburg house
- 10:16 AMCLC virtual job fair may be more beneficial than in-person event
- 10:16 AMAnsel Brainerd Cook Chapter, NSDAR in Libertyville celebrates our 130th National DAR Day of Service
- 9:08 AMBarrington Residents Amongst Generous Sponsors of A Silver Lining Foundation's Virtual Fundraiser -- $300,000 Raised!
- 8:59 AMActivities for kids and a break for parents at the Wheeling Park District in November
- 7:28 PMRegistration open for West Chicago's Virtual Frosty 5K
- 6:34 PMHalloween happenings in the Fox Valley
- 3:57 PMSign up for The MAC's Halloween Costume Pageant and Contest
- 1:42 PMFrosty sermon finale: Aurora pastor sledgehammers ice block on altar
Through the Film Magnifier: Chubby Checker, Harrison Ford, Astronaut Jim Lovell and Dance Fever contestants
Inside Daily Herald