Politics | 937 new cases of COVID-19, 26 more deaths as Pritzker extends stay-at-home order through April 30
Pritzker extends stay-at-home order through April 30, announces 937 more confirmed COVID-19 cases, 26 new deaths.
News | 'Race against time' to reopen Elgin and other hospitals for COVID-19Work to turn the shuttered Sherman Hospital site in Elgin into a faciliy for non-acute COVID-19 patients will take place as quickly as possible, officials said.
News | Where to find county-by-county and maybe even suburb-by-suburb COVID-19 dataIf you'd like to see a breakdown of the number of reported COVID-19 cases county by county and, in some cases, even town by town, a state website and area counties' websites are offering it.
Columns | Rozner: Can Jordan, Bulls docuseries arrive in time?Responding to fans' pleas for help, ESPN has moved up the release date on its Michael Jordan documentary series that features the last Bulls championship.
Kane County | Pritzker commutes 4-year sentence of cancer patient who had THC chocolates deliveredGov. J.B. Pritzker has commuted the four-year prison sentence of a cancer patient who had nearly 43 pounds of THC-infused chocolates delivered to his house in Montgomery. Thomas J. Franzen, 37, was discharged from the minimum-security wing at the Statesville Correctional Center Monday afternoon and is staying with his father in Sugar Grove.
News | Aurora police chief a finalist to lead Chicago forceChicago's next police superintendent will be either the woman running the Aurora Police Department or one of two men: the retired Dallas police chief or a fast-rising Chicago police deputy chief.
News | Elgin's "Light Up the Day" parade cheers up residents, participantsThe city of Elgin's first "Light Up the Day" socially distant parade to cheer up people during the COVID-19 pandemic did just that -- for residents and participants alike.
Business | Brewery owner says businesses might work together to create 'Long Grove survival kit'Some Long Grove businesses might band together for a proposed promotion intended to generate sales during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Business | True Value's Cary plant ramping up production of hand sanitizerTrue Value Co. is converting part of its paint manufacturing plant in Cary to begin production of hand sanitzier and cleaning products in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
News | Elgin church becomes daytime shelter for homelessAn Elgin church has opened its sanctuary to homeless people for the duration of the state's "stay at home" order in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Fittest Loser | Watch: Fittest Loser contestant gets some help working out from homeWith the help of his 16-year old son Kevin, Neil Madden is staying the course in the Daily Herald Fittest Loser competition. Well, sort of.
Music | A song to make you smile: 'The Best' by Tina TurnerHere's a song chosen to help lift you out of your coronavirus funk.
- 9:57 PMAsian stocks fall on lagging worries about virus, recession
- 9:56 PM'I heard the roar': Big earthquake hits Idaho
- 9:53 PMCOVID-19 deaths climb in NY; Chris Cuomo tests positive
- 9:40 PMThe Latest: United Nations urges cease-fire in Afghanistan
- 8:38 PMWatchdog finds new problems with FBI wiretap applications
More Suburban News Find your community
- NapervilleDrive-by food drive in Naperville
- BataviaSalsa Verde closing Batavia location
- Rolling MeadowsBody of missing man found in Rolling Meadows
- AuroraAurora man arrested for DUI with 3 kids in car
- Kane CountyKane County coordinates PPE donations
- NapervilleNew Naperville Park District webpage for those sheltering at home
- Palatine'Hope is not canceled': Fremd HS staff inspires students with video
- GurneeWill suburban landlords offer rent relief to commercial tenants?
- Kane CountyFree divorce, family law legal advice Thursday in Kane County
- Lake CountyLovell outpatient clinics closed
- EducationReading aloud - online - helps Mundelein teachers and students connect
- Rolling MeadowsRolling Meadows courthouse quiets in response to COVID-19 pandemic
- 10:36 PMNaperville Sunrise Rotary to host 2nd Drive-By Food Drive for West Suburban Community Pantry
- 10:10 PMHabitat for Humanity Lake County donates full body suits to area hospitals
- 6:01 PMAurora retirement home salutes staff 'heroes'
- 5:40 PMFox Valley Lyrical Productions director starts group to help make face masks for doctors, nurses
- 4:28 PMBrookdale Glen Ellyn brings a little cheer to mealtime
- 1:39 PMClearbrook staff goes above and beyond for clients
- 11:10 AMJoin GLMV Chamber of Commerce in helping C-19 Healthcare Heroes and local eateries
- 11:03 AMGLMV Chamber to host virtual events
Inside Daily Herald