Crime | Killer wrote 'I hate you' beside trooper's name; recording reveals police finding 'multiple injured' at lounge
The woman who shot and killed retired Illinois State Police Trooper Gregory Rieves Friday night in Lisle had written his name on a wall at her Chicago home, next to a message that read "I hate you ... hope you two die!" Police also released a recording of police radio traffic revealing officers' urgency: "I have multiple injured."
News | Funeral for 'unclaimed veteran' Wednesday in ElginThanks to the efforts of a funeral home in Elgin, veteran John James Murphy will be buried with military honors at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood.
News | New owner for Cafe Fourteen on Northwest Highway in PalatineCafe Fourteen on Northwest Highway in Palatine has been sold by its longtime owner to a chef who most recently worked for a local brunch chain.
News | Barrington first responders honored for saving infant's lifeShe's only 4 months old, but Scarlett Soeder was the star of the show at Monday night's Barrington village board meeting.
News | Naperville Bar Louie closure reflects 'chain-wide issue'Bar Louie in downtown Naperville has closed, one of a reported 38 locations of the gastropub chain to shut its doors in a bankruptcy filing, downtown business officials said.
Bulls | Not many direct ties, but Bulls have plenty of Kobe memoriesBefore Monday's game at the United Center, most everyone had a story to tell about Kobe Bryant. Most of the Bulls knew him from afar, while Spurs coach Gregg Popovich was a frequent rival.
News | Revised ballpark lease would 'work for both of us,' Schaumburg and Boomers sayThree months after becoming sole owners of Schaumburg Boomers Stadium, village officials are poised tonight to enact revisions to the baseball team's lease agreement they say are in the best interests of both parties.
News | Ex-pastor stripped of authority, told to move after inappropriate material found on computerThe former longtime pastor of St. Zachary Parish in Des Plaines has been stripped of his authority to minister and told to move away from the parish after inappropriate material was found on his personal computer, Cardinal Blase Cupich wrote this weekend in a letter to the congregation.
News | Coronavirus patient remains in isolation at Hoffman Estates hospitalA Chicago woman diagnosed with the only confirmed case of coronavirus east of the Mississippi River in the U.S. remained in good condition Monday in isolation at Amita St. Alexius Medical Center in Hoffman Estates, officials said.
News | Starbucks crash 911 calls: 'I just saw them going out of control and crashing into the building'Emergency calls to 911 reporting that a pickup truck had plowed into a Starbucks coffee shop in McHenry paint a picture of panic and disbelief as routine coffee runs that afternoon turned into chaos.
Columns | Rafer Weigel: 'Fox 32 let me go' after revenge porn allegationsRafer Weigel, the Chicago television news anchor who got caught up in a tawdry scandal involving texts of nude photos and allegations of revenge porn, said he was fired Monday from Fox-owned WFLD-Channel 32.
Crime | Staff member accused of choking child at Aurora mental health facilityA worker at the Northern Illinois Academy, a juvenile mental health facility in Aurora, has been accused of choking a child who was a student there.
- 7:21 AMGreece starts 15-year bond auction as market rates favorable
- 7:00 AMChina confirms 4,500 cases of virus, more than 50 elsewhere
- 6:58 AMPilot of Bryant helicopter tried to avoid heavy fog
- 6:43 AMHong Kong to cut rail links as virus from China spreads
- 6:28 AMFrench climate alliance takes legal action against Total
More Suburban News Find your community
- BataviaMarklund's volunteers help staff, residents in making everyday life possible
- St. CharlesCompost collection service to take effect this spring in St. Charles
- Glen EllynWhy Glen Ellyn could replace most of the trees downtown
- Antioch'Game-changing' project finally underway in downtown Antioch
- Buffalo GroveCiting health, Adam Didech resigning from Lake County Board
- WheatonNow they have names! What DuPage sheriff chose for 3 drug-detecting dogs
- SchaumburgSchaumburg man held on $1 million bail on molestation allegations
- WheatonMan missing from Wheaton believed to be in danger
- StreamwoodStreamwood man reported missing
- Girls' BasketballD-C grad Michalski making big impact for 15-2 Benedictine
- Girls' BasketballMaine West's defense stifles St. Viator
- Prep WrestlingBarrington nails down 50th annual MSL championship
- 8:36 PMEnjoy Free Music Fridays this spring at College of DuPage
- 6:40 PMGlenbard Parent Series speaker to discuss parent/teacher communication Feb. 26
- 6:09 PMAuthor Alby Lee Lewis shares story of lifelong struggle with reading
- 5:59 PMSt. Charles History Museum announces leadership changes
- 12:18 PMU-46 school counselors to be honored with Accent on Achievement
- 10:25 AMFeb. 1: Registration deadline for study-abroad trips to Costa Rica, Ukraine
- 10:25 AMShiloh Park Elementary Receives Donations from Zion Women's Club
- 7:40 AMMurphy condemns salary hike for university president
Inside Daily Herald