News | Iconic Arlington Cake Box Bakery closes after 71 years in Arlington Heights
After more than seven decades, the iconic Arlington Cake Box Bakery in Arlington Heights has served its last chocolate chip coffee cake and Campbell Street Special.
Politics | Three candidates in 6th Congressional District debate guns, racism and more in online forumThe three candidates for Illinois' 6th Congressional District seat discussed climate change, gun control and other issues Monday in their only scheduled joint forum ahead of the Nov. 3 election.
Politics | Rep. Casten criticized for calling people 'racist' and 'loony' while rapping in 2019U.S. Rep. Sean Casten is taking heat from Republican challenger Jeanne Ives' campaign over an amateur video of the 6th District congressman rapping during an event last year.
Politics | Democrats say Wheaton Republican lawmaker made disparaging remarks in phone callFreshman state Rep. Amy Grant, a Wheaton Republican, apologized Monday after making comments in a recorded phone call referencing the race and sexual orientation of her opponent, Ken Mejia-Beal.
News | Pritzker reiterates no high school footballIllinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker remained steadfast in his stance that bars high school football this fall while the state's average COVID-19 positivity rate holds steady at 3.5%.
News | Round Lake Beach store among few Family Video locations in suburbs to survive the pandemicFamily Video, a nationwide chain headquartered in Glenview, is shuttering 200 stores, including 20 in the suburban Chicago market due to declining demand and the coronavirus pandemic hurting business. Stores in Antioch, Arlington Heights, Bolingbrook, Cary, Downers Grove, Glenview, Grayslake, Mundelein, Plainfield, Schaumburg and Wheeling will close by the end of October.
News | Naperville rally keeps pressure on for schools to reopenHundreds of people gathered in a downtown Naperville park Monday to rally for in-person learning, and sports to resume, in their schools.
News | Parents rally for in-person learning at Libertyville District 70Parents, students and supporters rallied Monday to get kids back in the classroom at Libertyville District 70
Crime | Bannockburn doctor accused of sexually assaulting co-worker in Oak BrookA suburban doctor who leads a multiclinic gastroenterology practice has been accused of sexually assaulting a female co-worker in Oak Brook, authorities said.
Chicago | Chicago's Lawry's The Prime Rib to close after 46 years in businessLawry's The Prime Rib, a Chicago restaurant that has been serving steaks for nearly 50 years, will close at the end of the year.
Columns | Feder: WGN America's 'News Nation' lands interview with President TrumpWill an exclusive White House interview with President Donald Trump help jump-start the ratings for "News Nation"?
Politics | State Rep. Yingling tests positive for COVID-19State Rep. Sam Yingling tested positive for the COVID-19, a spokeswoman for his office announced Monday morning. Yingling, 40, tested positive last week, according to the statement, and has been quarantined at his home in Grayslake.
- 1:17 AMUS execution planned of killer who said witchcraft drove him
- 1:14 AMTropical Storm Beta makes landfall on Texas coast
- 12:25 AMLetter from the Editor: Check your neck this month
- 12:22 AMDist. 225 board accepts Glenbrook South athletic director's resignation
- 11:41 PMAsian shares track Wall Street retreat on pandemic pains
More Suburban News Find your community
- St. CharlesSt. Charles man sentenced to prison for hitting cop
- Hoffman EstatesDriver dies after crashing from tollway into Schaumburg Renaissance Hotel lot
- WheatonPedestrian hit by car on Roosevelt Road in Wheaton
- Aurora'A perfect fit': Aurora shop owner opening second store in Wheaton
- WaucondaSenior open house at Phil's Beach in Wauconda
- WheatonDuPage looks to extend lease with county fair association
- BataviaLivingWell Cancer Resource Center's Virtual Bridge Walk set for Friday
- Fox LakeLake County restoration project to see if native grasses are key to dealing with climate change
- ElginPolice: Elgin man faces charges after striking squad cars
- Prep SportsLongtime Warren coach Dawson leaves legacy of grateful athletes
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball teams adjusting to new fall routine
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Lake Zurich's Pouyat turns hard work into positive results
- 7:30 PMCandidate nomination packets available starting Sept. 22 in Roselle
- 7:17 PMBolingbrook man forges new paths while recovering from a spinal cord injury
- 6:45 PMNCTV's 'Game On!' goes virtual Oct. 22
- 5:46 PMDrive-Thru Trunk-and-Treat Oct. 24 offers sensory friendly and allergy free treats
- 1:12 PMHOPE Taskforce seeks grant applicants
- 12:19 PMJohn M. Smith Youth Sports Foundation to host second annual golf outing
- 11:13 AMCLC welcomes historian to discuss upcoming election
- 9:36 AMThe Friends of Lake Forest Library Cancels Annual Book Sale Due to COVID-19
Inside Daily Herald