Politics | Pension consolidation coming to suburban fire and police departments
A plan to consolidate fire and police pensions cleared the Illinois House and Senate.
Illinois | Reports: State Senate President Cullerton to step down in JanuaryIllinois State Senate President John Cullerton is will retire in January, his office confirmed Thursday night and he is said to have announced himself during a Democratic caucus today.
News | Attorney: Corporate culture fostered 'a cancer like racism' in Buffalo Wild Wings caseA corporate culture that "lends space to a cancer like racism" allowed a race-related situation to unfold at a Buffalo Wild Wings last month, the attorney for the group of customers involved said Thursday.
Business | Report: Sears laying off hundreds of corporate employeesSears is laying off hundreds of corporate workers, Business Insider is reporting.
News | District 303 to spend nearly $4 million to repurpose Haines Middle SchoolSt. Charles Unit District 303 is moving forward with a nearly $4 million construction plan to repurpose the former Haines Middle School building.
News | Holzhauer's in the lead heading into Friday's "Jeopardy!" tournament finaleA "Jeopardy!" watch party set for Friday in downtown Naperville among supporters of contestant James Holzhauer can start on an upbeat note with the Naperville North High School alum in the lead of the show's Tournament of Champions.
Politics | Governor says he'll sign insulin price cap approved by legislatureA cap on prescription insulin costs for some health insurance plans is headed to Gov. J.B. Pritzker, who said Thursday he looks forward to signing the measure.
Illinois | House OKs greater lobbyist disclosure over GOP complaints that it's not enoughThe House approved requiring more public disclosure about lobbyists Thursday in response to a federal bribery charge against a since-disgraced representative but pushed the heavy ethics-reform lifting off to a newly created commission that will report recommendations after next spring's primary election.
News | People helping people: Believe Project returns for sixth yearDaily Herald's Believe Project returns for sixth year to help people in need, people facing hardships or just folks who could use a pat on the back.
Politics | Lawmakers adjourn with no Chicago casino actionIllinois lawmakers adjourned the fall veto session Thursday without voting on a bill to clear the way for development of a Chicago casino, despite last-minute efforts to get one through the House.
White Sox | Abreu accepts $17.8 million offer to stay with White SoxFirst baseman Jose Abreu has accepted a $17.8 million qualifying offer to remain with the Chicago White Sox next year. Abreu led the American League with 123 RBI this season.
Kane County | Twice-convicted heroin dealer charged with threatening West Dundee cops after felony DUI arrestA twice-convicted heroin dealer has been arrested and charged with felony DUI and threatening two West Dundee officers who arrested him early Sunday morning. Anthony J. Galarza, 25, of Elgin, is held on $100,000 bail and faces up to five years in prison.
- 8:58 PMState Senate President Cullerton to retire in January
- 8:56 PM5 suspects arrested in Halloween Airbnb party shooting
- 8:52 PMPelosi says agreement on revamped NAFTA '˜imminent'
- 8:49 PMStudent opens fire in California high school, killing 2
- 8:41 PMThe Latest: Vibrant musical tribute opens Latin Grammys
More Suburban News Find your community
- StreamwoodStudent accused of touching teacher inappropriately in Streamwood
- ItascaConcerns linger over possible 911 calls from proposed Haymarket treatment center
- AuroraAurora teen charged after police find gun, extended magazine
- ElginElgin's proposed budget: No property tax levy increase, more city jobs
- NewsFremont Township's longtime highway commissioner to retire
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove turns to residents to shape town's future
- ElginPolice: Elgin man stole unlocked car, fought with officers
- MundeleinPlea deal coming for former Mundelein trustee facing burglary charge?
- AntiochTeen girl from Antioch area is missing
- StreamwoodPolice: Man threatened employees at Streamwood pawnshop
- Carol StreamSuburban college students named Lincoln Student Laureates
- NewsHome health care agency relocates to downtown Arlington Heights
- 8:13 PMPerfect Home Services to host 'Thanks for Giving' Nov. 16 to benefit local rescue animals
- 8:06 PMLocal teens start charity for children in Kenya: Book donations can change lives
- 7:57 PMNew McHenry High School data shows link between physical fitness, school success
- 7:54 PMLocal counselor earns CFRC designation
- 6:28 PMJay Stream School teachers join in McTeacher's Night in Bloomingdale
- 11:10 AMCLC pre-college program, Buffalo Grove Park District jointly awarded for career exploration event
- 8:44 AMSymetria Recovery's Naperville and Des Plaines Locations Designated as Blue Distinction Centers for Substance Use Treatment and Recovery
- 8:27 AMSensory Friendly Holiday Concert
Inside Daily Herald