Lake County | Why a suburban veteran volunteers every month at the Vietnam Memorial in D.C.
Vietnam War veteran Paul Baffico says he finds healing by volunteering at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C., and running a nonprofit group in the suburbs.
News | Rescuing trapped driver makes prom even more memorable for Hoffman Estates High seniorStefan Knappik of Schaumburg was driving his girlfriend home from Hoffman Estates High School's senior prom Saturday night when their coming across the aftermath of a vehicle collision -- including a man trapped in an overturned car -- made the dance even more memorable.
Kane County | Aurora landlord charged with sexually assaulting new tenantAn Aurora landlord is held on $500,000 bail on charges he sexually assaulted a new female tenant after she refused his advances.
Business | Warren, Ocasio-Cortez demand answers on Sears bankruptcy from MnuchinSen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., are calling on U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin to be more transparent about his time on Sears's board as the retailer plunged into bankruptcy. They also take issue with his possible oversight of the company's pension plans.
News | Des Plaines approves "hotel-style" senior living community downtownDes Plaines has approved plans for a $30 million "hotel-style" senior living community downtown.
News | Mancow alleges in police report that ex-Harvest Bible pastor asked him to hire hitmanWilmette police Wednesday released a report detailing allegations from former members of Rolling Meadows-based Harvest Bible Chapel, including WLS host Mancow Muller, that then-pastor James MacDonald solicited them to find him a hitman.
College Sports | Notre Dame football hosts Northern Illinois in 2024Northern Illinois University will travel to South Bend, Ind., to take on Notre Dame in football in 2024.
Crime | Trial date set for Wisconsin man accused of causing explosion during drunken rageA Twin Lakes, Wisconsin, man is scheduled to go to trial June 24 on accusations he set a diesel-fuel storage tank on fire in Antioch during a drunken rage.
Crime | Schaumburg police seeking possible child lurerSchaumburg police are warning the public about a possible child luring that occurred Thursday morning as a student was walking to Lincoln Prairie Elementary School in nearby Hoffman Estates.
News | Bears stars Mack, Jackson highlight charity softball game June 15 in SchaumburgWe know Khalil Mack can sack a quarterback, but can he sock a softball? Fans can find out June 15 when Mack joins teammates and other Chicago sports legends for Pro Bowl safety Eddie Jackson's inaugural Offense vs Defense Charity Softball Game, at Boomers Stadium in Schaumburg.
Columns | Feder: WBEZ to debut two-hour midday talk show this fallWBEZ 91.5-FM will launch a new local talk show from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday as part of a revised midday lineup this fall at the Chicago Public Media news/talk station, Robert Feder writes.
Business | 'Atrocious': Des Plaines moves to revoke tax break for companyA Des Plaines company improperly took a Cook County tax break, paid nearly $170,000 less in taxes than required, illegally allowed businesses to occupy its building and installed a parking lot without permission, according to city officials.
More Suburban News Find your community
- WheatonDuPage County's sex offender registry coordinator receives national award
- News100 years in the making -- video highlights Memorial Day in Arlington Heights
- Des PlainesDes Plaines recommends tax break for $12.5 million industrial building
- NewsDistrict 62 hires hires principal for Central Elementary School
- NapervilleConstruction of Naperville's 95th Street Community Plaza is underway after Wednesday groundbreaking
- Sleepy HollowSheriff: Sleepy Hollow attack suspect stabbed jail inmate with pencil
- Lake ZurichStretch of North Old Rand Road remains closed in Lake Zurich
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove formally opposes legalization of recreational marijuana
- Rolling MeadowsElectronic sign won't go on Quentin Road, Rolling Meadows aldermen say
- Prep SportsBaseball: Glenbard North goes from skid to streak
- Prep SportsBaseball: Buffalo Grove walks off Glenbrook North on Gledhill's single
- Prep SportsSoftball: Mundelein edges Deerfield
- 1:06 PMSanta's Village celebrates 60 years of memories with celebration May 25-27
- 11:34 AM17th annual Tyler Brett Caruso Memorial Concert kicks off summer concert series
- 10:40 AMGolf Enthusiasts, Education Supporters Encouraged to Sign Up for Foundation Golf Outing in Lake Geneva
- 7:39 AMUIC Engineering students win third place at Army drone design competition
- 7:29 AMIntroducing Our New Principal at St. James School
- 7:24 AMDonate Blood at Schaumburg's Community Blood Drive June 5
- 7:22 AMCook County Health Brings Awareness to Arthritis
- 11:22 PMRenowned artist and hometown hero Wendell Minor to be honored in Aurora
Inside Daily Herald