Politics | Illinois reports 87 COVID-19 deaths, 3,667 new cases as more indoor dining returns
Illinois reported 87 more COVID-19 deaths and 3,667 new cases as virus restrictions were eased in DuPage, Kane, Lake and McHenry counties.
News | Storm update: Snowfall is Chicago area's biggest in a couple yearsThe snowfall that began Monday night and continued through Tuesday was the biggest to hit the Chicago area in nearly two years.
DuPage County | DuPage opening vaccination site at county fairgrounds amid frustration over supplyA COVID-19 testing center in Wheaton will convert to a vaccination site as DuPage County builds the infrastructure needed for mass immunization and confronts frustration over a vaccine supply overwhelmed by demand.
News | Snow or not, Arlington Alfresco could begin as soon as MarchThe popular Arlington Alfresco outdoor dining zone will return to downtown Arlington Heights streets as soon as mid-March, the village board decided Monday night.
Politics | Senate rejects GOP motion to dismiss Trump impeachment trialThe Senate has rejected a Republican attempt to dismiss Donald Trump's historic second impeachment trial, a vote that allows the case on "incitement of insurrection" to move forward but also foreshadows that there may not be enough votes to convict him.
News | More now eligible for COVID-19 vaccine, but when can they get it?New ways to get access to COVID-19 vaccination opened Monday for people 65 and older and essential workers in the suburbs, but slots filled quickly amid continued vaccine shortages.
Columns | The most important things the IHSA board needs to address WednesdayWhen the Illinois High School Association's board of directors meet Wednesday, it will be their most significant decision-making session since the COVID-19 pandemic hit a year ago.
News | Jack Whisler, downtown Arlington Heights visionary, dies at 84One of the visionaries behind the development of downtown Arlington Heights has died. Jack Whisler, whose work in the business community and several village commissions helped shape the Arlington Heights of today, passed away in his sleep Monday. He was 84.
News | Former Sears store demolished at Fox Valley MallGoing, going, gone: Fox Valley Mall razes vacant Sears store, for apartment project.
Columns | Feder: Lite FM leads Chicago radio ratings with sounds of ChristmasMore than 2.2 million listeners tuned in to "Chicago's Christmas Music Station" in December, giving iHeartMedia adult contemporary WLIT 93.9-FM another humungous victory across the board in the latest audience survey.
Education | Snow day won't grant reprieve for students in remote-learning eraRemember when a good winter storm meant no school and students making a beeline for the nearest sledding hill? With most school districts now better equipped for remote learning snow days might become a thing of the past.
Crime | Rittenhouse, mother fixated on social media treatment in hours after his arrestAn Antioch teen accused of killing two people during unrest in Wisconsin and the teen's mom were fixated on social media comments about them in the hours after his August arrest, newly released police video shows.
More Suburban News Find your community
- EducationU-46 teachers say hybrid learning is causing inequities
- BartlettBartlett police name employees of the year
- NewsArlington Heights Memorial Library reopens Wednesday
- AuroraAurora Electoral Board removes alderman-at-large candidate from ballot
- Hanover ParkAll Schaumburg Library buildings reopen
- AuroraMobile COVID-19 testing units deploying to Aurora neighborhoods
- McHenry CountySettlement in defamation suit filed by McHenry County clerk, recorder
- St. Charles$3.6 million flood project slated along 7th Avenue Creek in St. Charles
- Wood DaleWood Dale company receives national safety award
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove Rotary sponsoring mobile food pantry Saturday
- NewsCiting work on curriculum, District 59 hires new superintendent
- Glen EllynStreetscape project could cause Frida exhibit headaches in Glen Ellyn
- 4:54 PMLearn about 'Bridging the Partisan Divide' with Braver Angels and local League of Women Voters
- 3:20 PMLibrary to Hold College Information Programs for High School Students and Parents
- 3:17 PMFree tax preparation available at Hanover Township
- 3:15 PMDr. West Named Lakes Region Elementary School Principal of the Year
- 1:57 PMKane County sheriff's office starts a free job and community resources board
- 1:14 PMFind COVID-19 testing sites, vaccine info at Kane County Health's website
- 1:09 PMFind COVID-19 testing sites, vaccine info at DuPage County Health's website
- 10:27 AMLake County Court Swears in Ten New CASA Volunteers to Advocate for Foster Children
Snow, vaccinations and donations of time and food filled The Week in Pictures photo gallery for January 16-22, 2021.
Inside Daily Herald