Education | As FDA panel backs Pfizer shot for kids 5-11, when can yours get one? Here are local plans so far
An FDA advisory committee today voted 17-0 with one abstention to back the vaccine for children 5 to 11 years old. So when and how can your kid get a COVID-19 shot? Pediatricians' offices, clinics and schools are among options in the suburbs, but officials are still waiting on final approvals. Here's what we know.
Illinois | COVID-19 update: 2,013 new cases, 26 more deaths, 1,229 hospitalizationsNew cases of COVID-19 reached 2,013 Wednesday with 26 more deaths from the respiratory disease. Illinois hospitals were treating 1,229 COVID-19 patients Tuesday night.
Crime | Authorities: Man harassed Wayne village president over Ludwig the dog shootingA Schaumburg man is charged with threatening Wayne Village President Eileen Phipps over her husband's deadly shooting of his next-door-neighbor's dog, Ludwig.
Columns | Bowman, MacIsaac step down from Chicago Blackhawks amid sexual assault investigationBlackhawks general manager and president of hockey operations Stan Bowman and senior vice president of hockey operations Al MacIsaac were relieved of their duties Tuesday after an independent investigation involving former video coach Bradley Aldrich and sexual assault allegations.
News | 'Years of dreaming': New collection of therapeutic tools debuts at Arlington Heights libraryWhat's the idea behind the Arlington Heights Memorial Library's new Accessibility Support Collection that formally launched Tuesday night? To give families and therapists the opportunity to try out some of the 350 specialized items before purchasing them.
DuPage County | 'At last': DuPage County to roll out new paper voting system in time for 2022 primaryDuPage County voters will cast their ballots entirely on paper starting with next year's primary, a shift long sought by election authorities.
News | Security guard critically injured after falling into trench near Aurora businessA security guard was rescued early Wednesday morning after falling into a deep hole in Aurora, according to police and media reports.
News | Barrington 'excited' about planned switch of 911 providerBarrington plans to join Northwest Central Dispatch System, which provides 911 services to its neighboring communities, a move that will be beneficial to the village, officials said.
DuPage County | DuPage to close mass vaccination clinic as focus shifts to inoculating kidsA DuPage County mass vaccination clinic that reopened earlier this month in an effort to administer COVID-19 boosters will shut down again as public health officials prepare to distribute pediatric shots once federal regulators give the go-ahead.
Crime | Two 15-year-olds charged in fatal Park City shootingTwo 15-year-old boys are in custody in connection with the killing of a 27-year-old North Chicago man shot to death Sunday in Park City, authorities said Wednesday.
Dining | Halloween bar bashes, pub crawls return this yearHalloween weekend is upon us, and for all those who don't have plans yet to celebrate the spookiest weekend of the year, here are some Halloween happenings at entertainment venues in the suburbs and city.
Politics | Plan to radically reshape 6th Congressional District is drawing criticismA plan to radically reshape Illinois' suburban 6th Congressional District and potentially pit two incumbent representatives against each other for one seat is drawing criticism.
- 12:58 PMPelosi upbeat on Biden deal but Manchin pans billionaire tax
- 12:54 PMNor'easter cuts power to over half-million homes, businesses
- 12:51 PMUS says Assange could go to Australian prison if convicted
- 12:40 PMSudan arrests 3 coup critics as pressure mounts on military
- 12:34 PMUAW member hit, killed by car near John Deere picket line
More Suburban News Find your community
- GurneeLake County's first Raising Cane's opens in Gurnee
- CrimeZion-Benton student charged in school stabbing
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect honors pair of longtime community volunteers
- BartlettBartlett police warn of increase in ruse burglaries
- EducationSt. Charles school district raising pay to attract more substitute teachers
- CrimeNorthbrook tech executive admits illegally exporting computer equipment to Pakistan
- NapervilleNew York juvenile charged in threat made against Naperville North
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Marynevych, Grayslake Central blank Vernon Hills
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Barrington ends Mundelein's run
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Glenbrook South in control against Palatine
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Konopka, Glenbrook North oust Mundelein
- Prep FootballBalanced attack big key to Batavia's success
- 12:42 PMMcHenry's Tree of Life UU welcomes interim music director
- 12:04 PMCalvary Church of Naperville to host Fall Fest, carnival Oct. 29-31
- 9:14 AMGirl Scouts share decorated pumpkins with Glenview memory care residents
- 10:39 PMNaperville Park District invites donations to the Pennies for Pies Drive Nov. 1-19
- 3:54 PMYork football alums honored at inaugural Recognition Night
- 12:04 PMArea police and fire agencies to conduct training exercise at Blackwell Oct. 30
- 11:57 AMView scary scenes from your car at Little Park of Horrors in Elgin's Wing Park
- 11:25 AMJoin Oct. 28 webinar on helping children thrive in challenging times
Inside Daily Herald