- Officials: No known cases of serious side effects from J&J in Illinois or suburbs
- What you need to know about the J&J vaccine pause
- Got a question or story idea? Email Us
Illinois | More than 3 million now fully vaccinated in Illinois
State health officials reported another 138,538 vaccine doses were administered in Illinois over the past 24 hours and more than 3 million people are now considered fully vaccinated in the state.
Illinois | Officials: No known cases of serious side effects from J&J in Illinois or suburbsIllinois says yanking the Johnson & Johnson shot won't affect the rate of vaccinations as suburbs join in suspending use of the one-dose COVID-19 vaccine. Now it's up to Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna innoculations as cases tick up and worries about vaccine hesitancy emerge.
Business | Bell Works in Hoffman Estates opens new coworking spaceBell Works Chicagoland in Hoffman Estates on Wednesday celebrated the opening of a 15,000-square-foot coworking space called coLab, the newest component of the "metroburb" redevelopment of the former AT&T corporate campus.
Politics | What you need to know about the J&J vaccine pauseHere are some answers to frequently asked questions about the federal government's decision to call for a pause in the use of Johnson & Johnson vaccines.
News | 'Nothing's gonna change about Malnati's': Founder's son affirms family's commitmentAmid a report of a possible sale, the owner of Lou Malnati's Pizzeria said Tuesday he and his family are committed to staying in the pizza business and growing the iconic brand through further expansion.
Politics | Northwest suburban voters say yes in referendumsNorthwest suburban voters overwhelmingly answered yes to all the referendum questions that appeared on ballots last week, unofficial results indicate, but the jury is still out on the fate of write-in candidates in Des Plaines and Mount Prospect.
News | Minnesota cop will be charged in shooting of Black motoristA Minnesota prosecutor said Wednesday that he will charge a white former suburban Minneapolis police officer who fatally shot 20-year-old Black motorist Daunte Wright during a traffic stop, igniting days of unrest and clashes between protesters and police.
Crime | Lombard man makes bail after charged with murder in fatal stabbing outside Elmhurst barA Lombard man is out on bail after he was charged Tuesday with first-degree murder in the fatal stabbing of a man outside the Spring Inn bar in Elmhurst over the weekend.
Politics | Trustee elections prompt Villa Park, Oak Brook to look at liquor lawsVilla Park and Oak Brook are taking different approaches to two trustees who were elected who also own liquor licenses.
Columns | Could Jimmy Garoppolo end up a Bear? The QB landscape has changed since Dalton signingHub Arkush: Either Jimmy Garoppolo or Teddy Bridgewater would look better than Andy Dalton under center for the Bears.
Business | Napleton's Buick GMC expanding Schaumburg dealershipNapleton's Schaumburg Buick GMC on Golf Road in Schaumburg received the green light from village officials Tuesday to expand its dealership operations on two adjacent properties it already owns but has been using only for vehicle storage until now.
Business | Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff dies in prison at 82Bernard Madoff, the infamous architect of an epic securities swindle that burned thousands of investors, outfoxed regulators and earned him a 150-year prison term, died behind bars early Wednesday. He was 82.
More Suburban News Find your community
- PoliticsSeveral tight races still too close to call in DuPage County
- Fox River GroveFox River Grove residents honor former Village President Robert Nunamaker
- PalatineVacant building in Palatine will be leased for $1 to park district
- AuroraFood trucks to join Aurora Downtown's monthly First Fridays events
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect expects $6.5 million in federal coronavirus relief
- DuPage County$2.5 million body camera, Taser program approved in DuPage County
- Des PlainesGun fired in Des Plaines robbery
- NewsMcHenry Township sues voter who moved to reinstate officials' higher salaries at special meeting
- BarringtonLake Zurich resident appointed to Lake County Board
- Kane CountyKane County lifts ban, ushers in marijuana businesses to unincorporated areas
- St. CharlesSt. Charles to reconsider law keeping liquor license holders from public office
- GurneeReport: Medline Industries exploring a sale
- 4:53 PMWayne Township to host Electronic Recycling event May 8
- 4:38 PMAssisted Living Locators-Wheaton launches 'Mother's Day Messages of Love'
- 4:24 PMBecome a FrogWatch USA volunteer with Cosley Zoo
- 4:04 PMHow Glenbard District 87 is thinking differently about summer school this year
- 12:55 PMGeneva church offers outdoor worship at Fabyan Forest Preserve
- 12:33 PMBatavia food initiative partners with Aurora's African American Men of Unity
- 11:37 AMMurphy moves to tighten restrictions on golden parachutes for university administrators
- 8:54 AMUS Foods Releases 2020 Corporate Social Responsibility Report
We celebrated Easter, donated blood, made new friends and got more vaccines in The Week in Pictures photo gallery for April 3-9, 2021.
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: WrestleMania, Michael Jordan, slot car recing, canoe classes and more
Inside Daily Herald